IsThatDavidp

Isthatdavidp

KDP Business Journey

Day 35 – Are niche websites dead?

  • Date: February 4, 2024
  • Time to read: 2 min.

Day 35 of the 2024 Yearbook

Are niche websites dead?

So over the last few weeks, I have been seeing posts on social media from many website owners saying that niche-style websites are dead in 2024. I know niche website owners who were ‘going all in’ in 2023 BUT now, they are moving away from the websites they poured so much money and effort into.

Websites are being sold in record numbers and many owners are actually letting their websites just sit there, while they go about building different income streams (mostly YouTube content or direct Affiliate programs) – I think this is a real shame BUT I also believe, some of the blame is on them!

In 2023 a record number of people were building websites live on Youtube (Income School & many others) and everyone was building gardening, pet, travel, and hobbies website sites, going after the same keywords and almost pumping out the same content, because there is only so much content you can write about ‘growing fruit tree in winter’!

Now, the very same people (who have made their money via selling the websites, affiliate products to people watching them, and so on) are saying, ‘Oh well, niche websites are dead – time to move on’ – are now telling people to start doing something else, well selling them courses, all access ‘membership’ websites, and affiliate products – this just provides that every single one of them, were just out to make money, yes they sprout the normal stuff ‘I am here to help you’ ‘I want everyone to have success’ and all that BS – you need to remember ‘being helpful’ doesn’t pay the bills or put food on the table, many of theses niche website owners have left full-time jobs, brought houses and everything else while making money off YOU!

This is why I have always said to make your own path, you need to take everything they say with a pinch of salt and never buy anything via their ‘affiliate link’, especially tools, software, and SEO services, because 99% of the time, they are a waste of time.

Back to the point, niche websites have always been dead, it’s just the 1% of people building them, were able to make thousands from doing that, when the other 99% struggled on, not really making anything from doing it.

If you want to build a successful website, you need to brand it – I don’t care what anyone says because brands and slogans live on, while random websites get left behind!

7 Day Challenge

Get Ready To Elevate Your Year in Just 7 Days... This Book (VALUE $47) Is Yours FREE!

Day 34 - Take A Break

Previous Post

Day 34 – Take A Break

Next Post

Day 36 – View Social Media With A Pinch Of Salt

Day 36 - View Social Media With A Pinch Of Salt